SocialProtection.org will be hosting a webinar on Gender and Social Protection:Current Issues and Policy Trends. The webinar has been organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the UNDP’s International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth (the IPC-IG).
Speakers will include:
Nicola Jones (Senior Research Fellow, Overseas Development Institute)
Agnes Quisumbing (Senior Research Fellow, The International Food Policy Research Institute)
Ana Paula de la O Campos (Gender Policy Officer, Food and Agriculture Organization)
The webinar will take place on 3 May, at 9am – 10:30am (Washington DC), and will address the following topics:
• Gender equality and women's empowerment in terms of poverty reduction strategies, particularly in rural areas.
• The impact on gender relations within the household and in the community.
• Social protection interventions and services that matter the most for women, particularly rural women.
• Complementary services that can make a difference in enabling gender equality and women's economic and social empowerment.
• Gaps in research on social protection programmes.
Register for the webinar!