Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: South-East London, UK with flexible working arrangements available
Starting Salary: Competitive with the market rate and commensurate with the seniority of the appointment.
Providing creative, evidence-based and context-specific solutions to the social and economic challenges faced by nations and citizens around the world.
Founded in 2010, Development Pathways has grown rapidly into an internationally respected consultancy business, providing advisory services to clients in areas including: social protection, social development, gender, livelihoods, economics, financial inclusion and Information Technology (IT) Services. We are committed to innovative, progressive and evidence-based social policy and, while we are a commercial business, we also maintain an identity as a think-tank and aim to influence international debates on social policy through our research, publications, website and participation in international fora. Since our foundation we have worked in over 35 countries across Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Latin America and for a range of clients across bilateral, multilateral agencies, INGOs and foundations. We currently have offices in London and Nairobi. Our office in Nairobi hosts our technology hub.
As we continue to grow, we are now seeking a new Chief Executive Officer, to lead the organisation into its next phase, accelerating the organisation’s growth and impact. Reporting to the Board, the Chief Executive Officer will lead our strategic planning, provide inspirational leadership, generate sustainable growth and strengthen our reputation as a quality provider of advisory services and thought leadership in social policy. The CEO will inherit a strong and effective organisation but one that needs to adapt to its impressive growth trajectory.
This role offers a unique opportunity for a visionary and engaging leader, with ambition and drive, and commercial acumen to lead Development Pathways through this exciting period of development and growth. You will bring:
- Demonstrated experience of developing and delivering a strategic vision, alongside motivational leadership skills;
- Extensive experience in management with strong analytical, financial and interpersonal skills;
- Proven experience in international development – or a similar area with transferable skills – and a strong commitment to social justice and diversity;
- A high level of commercial awareness and a track record of successfully leading or part of leadership team and managing an organisation through profitable growth;
- An inclusive and collaborative leadership style with the ability to inspire and manage staff in a deeply values-oriented environment;
- Demonstrable core competencies expected with the CEO role.
To apply or to download further information on the required qualifications, skills and experience for the role, please visit www.perrettlaver.com/candidates quoting reference 4754.
The deadline for applications is 9am BST on Monday 17th August 2020.